Long-range acoustic sensors
Long-range acoustic sensors are used for far-reaching UAV detection. In comparison with standard omnidirectional sensors, long range acoustic sensors provide 10 times more extended range of drone detection.
The long-range acoustic detection device has a narrow 30-degree beam that can reach up to 1 km in length. The detection coverage of such sensors is more than 450 meters above ground at maximum length.
The long-range drone acoustic detection device consists of a 600cm dish, that is mounted to base station masts of standard cell antenna.
Long-range UAV detection sensors represent an ideal drone detection solution for industrial installations as they provide longer distance. All long-range sensors can be configured remotely via User Interface.
The user can receive instant information about flight zone, drone type and digital evidence. The output options consist of mobile alerts (audible phone calls or SMS), radio frequency audible alerts and IP-based alerts (via XML/JSON, email).
Databases of acoustic signatures include the following types of drones:
• Hobbyist: RC helicopters, quadcopters (AR Parrot, DJI Phantom)
• Commercial: octocopters (DJI S1000, CineStar8), hexacopters (DJI S800, CineStar6)
• Military: gas powered drones (AeroVironment Puma AE, Insitu ScanEagle)
Main advantages of long-range sensors:
- Possibility of extended-range detection of up to 1 km
- Possibility of remote configuration with user-friendly interface
- Accurate detection of UAVs in all weather conditions thanks to weather-resistant design
- Advanced filters for common environmental noises elimination
There are two versions of long-range acoustic sensors for UAS detection: DroneShield v1.4 and DroneShield v2. Their main difference is the range of drone detection.
Long-range sensor DroneShield v1.4 can detect small drones at the following distances:
- Urban environment - 100-250m
- Suburban environment - 250-500m
- Rural environment - 500-1000m
Long-range sensor DroneShield v2 can detect small drones at the following distances:
- Suburban environment: 500m
- Rural environment - 1000m
- Gas powered drones: >5km
Main parameters of long-range sensors for drone detection:
• Base station: 22cm x 15cm x 6cm
• Parabolic microphone: 66cm diameter x 26cm
• Weight: 81.4kg
Power and Communications
• 12-48VDC, PoE, or 120v/240vAC power
• Wi-Fi, wired Ethernet, GSM/GPRS, dry contact relays, XML/JSON
Installation and Environment
• Installation time: approximately 2 hours per sensor
• Operating temperature: -40⁰C to +70⁰C
• Designed to IP65 of IEC529 and NEMA 1, 2, 4, 4x, 12, and 13 specifications.
• Mounts to wall or panel with #10 size screws
• Electric Magnetic Compatibility: Complies with BS EN50081-1 and EN50082-1
12 months from date of installation
Routine inspection and quarterly remote database updates
Long-range acoustic sensors can be complemented with small mobile omnidirectional acoustic sensors for drone detection at shorter distances.